- The ST-LINK/V2 is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM8 and STM32 microcontroller families.
- The single wire interface module (SWIM) and JTAG/serial wire debugging (SWD) interfaces are used to communicate with any STM8 or STM32 microcontroller located on an application board.
- STM8 applications use the USB full speed interface to communicate with STMicroelectronics’s ST Visual Develop (STVD) or ST Visual Program (STVP) software.
- STM32 applications use the USB full speed interface to communicate with Atelic, IAR, Keil or TASKING integrated development environments.
• 5 V power supplied by a USB connector
• USB 2.0 full speed compatible interface
• USB standard A to mini B cable
• SWIM specific features
o 1.65 V to 5.5 V application voltage supported on SWIM interface
o SWIM low-speed and high-speed modes supported
o SWIM programming speed rate: 9.7 Kbytes/s in low speed and 12.8 Kbytes/s in high speed
o SWIM cable for connection to the application via an ERNI standard vertical (ref: 284697 or 214017) or horizontal (ref: 214012) connector
o SWIM cable for connection to the application via a pin header or a 2.54 mm pitch connector
• JTAG specific features
o 1.65 V to 3.6 V application voltage supported on the JTAG interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
o JTAG cable for connection to a standard JTAG 20-pin pitch 2.54 mm connector
• Direct firmware update feature supported (DFU)
• Status LED which blinks during communication with the PC
• Operating temperature 0 to 50 °C