Bosch has stepped up their game with their new BMP280 sensor, an environmental sensor with temperature, barometric pressure that is the next generation upgrade to the BMP085/BMP180/BMP183. This sensor is great for all sorts of weather sensing and can even be used in both I2C and SPI!
This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost, precision sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure with ±1 hPa absolute accuracy, and temperature with ±1.0°C accuracy. Because pressure changes with altitude, and the pressure measurements are so good, you can also use it as an altimeter with ±1 meter accuracy.
- Enhancement of GPS navigation
- e.g.time-to-first-fix improvement，dead-reckoning，slope detection
- Indoor navigation（floor detection，elevator detection）
- Outdoor navigation，leisure and sports applications
- Weather forecast
- Health care application（e.g. sirometry）
- Vertical velocity indication（e.g. risk/sink speed）
- Target devices
- Handsets such as mobile phones ,table PCs,GPS devices
- Navigation systems
- Portable health caredevices
- Home weather stations
- Flying toys
- PCB size:(L x W)1.52 x 1.20cm/0.60"x0.47"